Task and Responsibilities
The Senior Art Director will oversee the quality and content of the studio’s visual production and establish a well-defined art direction that’s in line with each title’s vision. The Senior Art Director is in charge of the Art Team’s talent development, acquisition, and maintaining effective content pipelines for each title.
- Define artistic direction and drive the team to deliver excellence in the build.
- Ensure the art direction is well communicated and excited the team and beyond.
- Provide artistic feedback and lead internal art team/outsourcing team to drive the overall vision of the project.
- Working with tech stakeholders, build assets and tools that will last for years, across platforms.
- Participate in controlling the unity of all visual parts: characters, animations, environment, etc.
- Run engaging 1 on 1s and performance assessment, setting the bar in terms of work ethics, integrity, attitude, and output.
- Coordinate and oversee the art team throughout the production process.
- Career pathing of team members, using feedback and praise to focus on their strengths.
- Partner with art directors on art direction and people management.
- Mentor the artists (concept artists, animators, UI artists, and outsourcing team).
- Build a learning environment within the art team and implement processes of artistic research.
- Contribute to the art pipeline definition and develop milestones for the art team.
- Assist recruitment for hiring needs and define staffing organization needs.